Re: The Euphoria Editor

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...
elias_maluko said...

Nice work! I played with IUP in the past and its a very good and light UI library. My only problem with this is that i never found a way (in their documentation) to use windows 7 look and feel in this, just this dated win 95/98 look...

Thanks. I do need to look into that. I did the initial development on Linux and have not had a lot of time to test on Windows. Hopefully that is something we can work out. Otherwise I think it might turn people off from using IUP for their GUI development.

It turns out that the lack of visual styles is caused by the use of owner-drawning that IUP uses to add the close button to each tab. Disabling the "SHOWCLOSE" option restores the proper visual styles in Windows 7. So right now, "close button" and "visual styles" seem to be mutually exclusive. If you think about it, Notepad++ has the same problem, but they mask the lack of visual styles with some additional drawing to customize the look of the tab more uniquely. I think adding an icon to the tab will help the owner-drawn tabs look better, so I will try that soon. I still need to get the icons updated because the ones that come with IUP for Windows look horrible.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu