Re: Complete Guide to Using DLLs in OpenEuphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...

Here is my typical project structure. It's a little more complicated but these parts can mixed in and out as necessary.

bin/ - compiled binaries (*.dll, .exe, *.so)
build/ - translated files (*.c, *.h, *.mak)
demo/ - demos/examples (*.ex)
dist/ - distribution files (*.zip)
docs/ - documentation (*.html, etc.)
include/ - include files (*.e)
resources/ - static resources (*.png, etc.)
src/ - project source files (*.ex)
test/ - unit testing files (t_*.e)
Makefile - the Makefile to translate and build the application

This directory is PERFECT for building an application of almost any type. So, let's say you were building a program like Mysql Workbench except that it was for EDS. This is exactly how I'd hope the directory structure would be laid out. The only thing missing is in your example is the eu.cfg.

I would propose that if you are building a wrapper then your target "audience" is different and they have a different set of concerns. In this case I'm speaking of the difference between writing an application vs writing a library. The problem domain is similar, but not necessarily identical.

ghaberek said...

Lately I have been using Makefiles with TDM-GCC mingw32-make to build, test, and package Euphoria projects in one go.

I've had it in my head for a while to write an article titled "Using Makefiles for fun and profit!" so maybe this is a good opportunity to expand on that.

I for one would be super excited to see this article. I'm in the process of integrating make into an automated test suite and perhaps a package manager and would love to see your thoughts on using make.

ghaberek said...

I do! Same username as on here: ghaberek. I already found you and started looking at your project for this.

Awesome. When I published the guide, I didn't think that someone else might want to be involved. So I didn't publish the creole doc that is the actual article. I corrected that earlier today when I added guide_part1.creole to the project. Please git pull if you don't have that file.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu