Re: Complete Guide to Using DLLs in OpenEuphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
xecronix said...

If you feel like the "ext" directory should be removed for some reason, that we have a dialog about that please.

I do, at least, feel it should be renamed. So we'll need to discuss that. The name "ext" seems ambiguous to me.

Here is my typical project structure. It's a little more complicated but these parts can mixed in and out as necessary.

bin/ - compiled binaries (*.dll, .exe, *.so)
build/ - translated files (*.c, *.h, *.mak)
demo/ - demos/examples (*.ex)
dist/ - distribution files (*.zip)
docs/ - documentation (*.html, etc.)
include/ - include files (*.e)
resources/ - static resources (*.png, etc.)
src/ - project source files (*.ex)
test/ - unit testing files (t_*.e)
Makefile - the Makefile to translate and build the application

Lately I have been using Makefiles with TDM-GCC mingw32-make to build, test, and package Euphoria projects in one go.

I've had it in my head for a while to write an article titled "Using Makefiles for fun and profit!" so maybe this is a good opportunity to expand on that.

xecronix said...

The project is hosted on github and if possible I'd like help keep the project and the guide in sync. Do you have a github login?

I do! Same username as on here: ghaberek. I already found you and started looking at your project for this.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu