Re: If you wanted to distribute a dll

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
xecronix said...
  • Wherever your wrapper is installed. I like this idea a lot.

That is instantly my first and only choice.

The ancients had a belief that several applications could "share" a dll, as long as it was in some central shared common directory, and thus save a few measly KB of your precious RAM, which was the only possible benefit ever on offer, and quite seriously not worth it anymore (unless perhaps you are talking about half a dozen different 500MB dlls).

C:\Windows\system32 got a fair bit messier with syswow64, but (as mentioned) more critically that and euphoria/bin open the door to "dll hell", though I doubt you will ever need a euphoria/binwow64.

Of course what you should really, really do, honest guv, is stick it in the GAC under a nice new GUID on every install so that everyone can have 87 different versions of your dll - not really.

Pete

EDIT: I was also going to say my second choice would be to store it wherever and save the full directory path in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Euphoria\dllname\version, and enumerate/load from that, but only if you really really need to.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu