Re: wordwrap during console input

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...

I open a dos console, then i tried gets(), getc(), and prompt_string(), but cannot enter text past the right edge of the screen. Text:wrap() applies only to puts()ing, graphics:wrap(1) has no effect. How can i gets() a line of text longer than the console has columns? Wrapping is the normal default in a regular dos cmd window.

I switched to using get_key(), and re-puts()ing the buffer to the screen with each keystroke.

Kat

I've noticed this happens with euiw.exe but not eui.exe. Text wraps fine for me with gets() on eui.exe up to 255 characters. Tested on both 4.0.5 and 4.1.0 dev, 32-bit on Windows 7. If you're running from a command prompt, are you using eui.exe? Is that where you're seeing this behavior? Which version of OE and Windows are you running on? (I am wondering if changes to the way Windows handles console apps has changed this behavior.)

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu