Re: Moderation

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
katsmeow said...
jimcbrown said...

I've said before that I was willing to compromise. It appears Kat isn't, at least not directly, but if a middleman can help accomplish that, then I'm all for it.

There's no method of contacting anyone connected to this forum, except to post to the forum. When posting to the forum while banned, more than one post i considered private to jimcbrown was let thru, and then used against me. The problem with your "compromising" is i have never heard anything in private from admins, and i cannot contact admins.

That's a good point ... the only other way of making contact is through the dev list or through _tom's Open Euphony http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/125105.wc

I believe ChrisB, one of the moderators, has published his email address on this forum. If necessary he could forward a message from you.

I do believe know others, such as Matt, have tried to contact you by email before as well..

BTW, sorry to be pedantic, but that was not a ban. Banned users can not post at all.

katsmeow said...

Please remember, there is no way to contact admin in private to say what i have said.

Glad I pointed out some methods then. Remember that doing so is part of the agreement that ryanj came up with.

ryanj said...

With that name, also bring a new attitude and new image of yourself - don't say anything out of negative emotions. Punch a wall or cuss at jimcbrown or smash a keyboard or whatever you need to do to vent, but don't type it on this forum. You have valuable things to say that are relevant to Euphoria, so please moderate yourself.

katsmeow said...
jimcbrown said...

Imagine this. A police officer pulls you over for speeding and gives you a ticket. Is that something personal? I'd think not - the officer is just doing their job.

Now imagine that you attempt to fight back by swearing at the officer, insulting that person's ancestry, etc etc. Does it become personal at this point? I'd say yes, but only because you made it so.

What if the dashcam caught the officer calling you john1988, and doing other things, while gagging you?

At that point, the officer crossed the line and made it personal. But that's not what happened here.

katsmeow said...
jimcbrown said...

Now imagine that you tried to claim that all this happened because of a personal dislike the officer took to you. In my view, such a claim is patently false.

What if the officer claimed to be trying to compromise, yet making sure the victim had no way to speak to anyone?

No officer should do that. That would be crossing another line. Again, however, that's not what happened here. If I really had that power, ryanj would not have been able to communicate with you directly to know of your views.

And of course, the ability to review deleted and edited posts by logged in users has been part of this forum for a very long time.

katsmeow said...
jimcbrown said...

Technically, only two of the usernames that I know of that Kat has used are under extended moderation (not banned, mind you, just moderated): useless_ and john1988.

I have never used the nick john1988, or even seen any posts by that nick.

Well, I am looking at http://openeuphoria.org/euweb.cgi?module=forum&action=deleted_message&id=124109 and http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/124091.wc

There's a post by you, http://openeuphoria.org/euweb.cgi?module=forum&action=deleted_message&id=124090 , with very similar content to what john1988 wrote.

katsmeow said...

I need to point out that i am answering your comments and accusations against me, and i see no difference in this procedure than everything previous that you claim is a ban-able offense.

Yes, with your very first post since ryanj's compromise, you've violated the agreement that ryanj came up with. Consider yourself warned.

I also find very discouraging the fact that you have not explicitly stated your agreement to ryanj's compromise or promised to abide by it (and neither has ryanj posted, acting as middleman, stated that he had received your agreement). I already have, but it takes two to tango. My agreement to abide by the deal is conditional on yours as well.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu