Re: Euphoria isn't dying - just needs a jolly good kick!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

So I lurk around the site a few times a year to see if there's any news and developments. I do this because my first programming language was Euphoria. I never got far with it, eventually I learned JavaScript and then C and that led me to my current career path into gaming. The number 1 issue I can see whenever I come in is a lack of a focus. The Euphoria language is too general to find its niche. You see stuff for GUI, Web scripting, and a million other things. Euphoria as a language fits the old saying, "Jack of all trades, master of none" really well.

There's no killer Framework that would make me want to drop what I'm currently using. But that's not really the languages fault. Really that comes down to the community. Is anyone willing to make that killer framework that defines Euphoria? Of course there could be a better marketing campaign and to be honest I think the mascot could be revamped. Ferrets are cuddly and cute, that red eyed thing looks like nothing I want near me. But in the end, even if you get an amazing marketing guru, what's the message?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu