Re: eu 4773 dos

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
BRyan said...
mattlewis said...

I think we're closing in on the last tooth that needs to be pulled. When you run that, do you get some sort of command printed in the console that has whatever the Watcom DOS compiler is, plus whatever C file it's compiling?

Alternatively: Look inside the makefile. Somewhere, it builds the command line. Figure out where it builds the part that tells the compiler to look for header files (it will be either the /I or -I flag).

Please report this information (AKA, how the compiler is invoked).

Matt

The incdir is set makefile.wat 

│EXE=$(EX) 
│INCDIR=-i $(TRUNKDIR)\include 

translator : .SYMBOLIC version.h 
    @echo ------- TRANSLATOR ----------- 
	wmake -h $(BUILDDIR)\transobj\main-.c EX=$(EUBIN)\eui.exe EU_TARGET=ec. OBJDIR=transobj  $(VARS) DEBUG=$(DEBUG) MANAGED_MEM=$(MANAGED_MEM) 
	wmake -h objlist OBJDIR=transobj EU_NAME_OBJECT=EU_TRANSLATOR_OBJECTS $(VARS) 
	wmake -h $(BUILDDIR)\euc.exe EX=$(EUBIN)\eui.exe EU_TARGET=ec. OBJDIR=transobj $(VARS) DEBUG=$(DEBUG) MANAGED_MEM=$(MANAGED_MEM) 

dostranslator : .SYMBOLIC version.h 
    @echo ------- DOS TRANSLATOR ----------- 
	wmake -h $(BUILDDIR)\dostrobj\main-.c EX=$(EUBIN)\eui.exe EU_TARGET=ec. OBJDIR=dostrobj $(VARS) DEBUG=$(DEBUG) MANAGED_MEM=1 OS=DOS 
	wmake -h objlist OBJDIR=dostrobj EU_NAME_OBJECT=EU_TRANSDOS_OBJECTS $(VARS) OS=DOS 
	wmake -h $(BUILDDIR)\eucd.exe EX=$(EUBIN)\eui.exe EU_TARGET=ec. OBJDIR=dostrobj $(VARS) DEBUG=$(DEBUG) MANAGED_MEM=1 OS=DOS 

That's the wrong one! That's for the translator, not the compiler!

Also, posting makefile.wat won't help... but the complete contents of config.wat might.

BRyan said...

One thing that does not make sense to me is that the code in makefile.wat

for building the both translators is the same.

I would think the DOS translator would use a different EU_TARGET

Why? EU_TARGET is one of the interpreter, translator, or backend. It's trying to build the translator for DOS in this case, so it's the same EU_TARGET.. EU_TARGETs are shared between different platforms.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu