Re: Fluid Application Environment 3.0.alpha1 Released!

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
useless_ said...
EUWX said...

useless said: "I had hoped he could add 10 more lines of code to FAE to make all my dreams come true"

That attitude is exactly what I am concerned about. If every developer or user has that attitude, he will never be able to finish. The right attitude is what I suggested. Let him finish the way he wants to do it. Add your own functions in YOUR own application programs ad lib, but please don't clutter the library with extras.

A woman with a baby can get presents of all kinds of toys and clothes from friends and relatives, but don't force her to use those toys and clothes on HER BABY, and when the baby is to be presented to the outside world for a competition or just a trip, let the mother decide what clothes the baby wears and what toys she takes with her.

The problem is Ry said i cannot, he didn't build it to do that, and both you and he want no changes to it. Again, he hasn't said what the penalties to me are if i change anything.

useless

ryanj has already said in his reply: "Yes, you could make your own custom widget classes, but it has to be done a specific way or it won't work correctly with the other widget classes"

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu