Re: Which tool for Euphoria Database (EDS)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jilani said...

in Euphoria archive (http://www.rapideuphoria.com/dat.htm) I have found some apps to manage databases (EDB) and I tried almost all of them but they are outdated and don't work. Depending on your experience what do you use to manage EDB? Thank you.

EDS is a type of NoSQL database. In fact, EDS actually predates that term by several years! Specifically, it is a table-based and ordered key-value store for keeping Euphoria objects on disk. You can read more about it in the manual: EDS. To me, EDS is one of those systems that is really best to learn by "getting your hands dirty" right away. The API is very simple straight-forward, which makes it a breeze to learn. Once you get the hang of it, you don't really need a management utility of any sort. In fact, it's often more difficult to try and "fit" Euphoria objects into a GUI-based utility than it is to simply manage them in your own code.

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu