Re: Noob questions

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
mattlewis said...

Hmm..maybe it wasn't that they were removed, but that they were never actually posted prior to 2.5 being released.

That is definitely not the case, as my modified copy of eu.ex was last touched in 2003.

IIRC, they were posted somewhere on the web, but not the archives.

jimcbrown said...
mattlewis said...

That was when the eu-in-eu was first released as part of euphoria.

I thought this was something that RDS developed from scratch, not related to DC/DG's version.

Yes. Sorry, should have explained my train of thought further. After 2.5, Rob's concern over eu-in-eu as a competitor decreased, since he had released his own (which was better). Or maybe the loosening happened after 3.0. I know that early versions of Euphoria Database Browser had to use a shrouded version to get cleared to go on the archive. I don't have a VCS repo of old EDB code, so I can't resurrect it at this point.

Later on, I switched to using ooeu (based on the open sourced 3.0), and Rob has had no problem with that stuff going into the archive. Maybe my memory was due to my first attempt to post euscript as part of EDB resulting in an email conversation with Rob. That would explain why I couldn't find a record of it in the forum (or it could still be there). Either way, euscript (which was incomplete and slower than the RDS produced version) isn't in the archives because of Rob's policy 10+ years ago.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu