Re: Edita and Win8

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
andi49 said...

It seems that the File OpenDialog in Win8 does not return the full Filename, if the File extension is associateed to a program. Like .exw to euiw.exe. I was able to work around this when i changed an Option for Displaying Filenames in a Folder. Mean i enabled the Option of Displaying the extension of a Filename, if the extension is known by the system and normally would be hidden.

I disable extension hiding whenever I get on a new machine (which I do at least 30 times a year at work).
I just tested turning it back on (Win7) and it seemed fine here.
At home I have Win7, at work mainly 2008R2, no sign of me getting anywhere near a Win8 box any time soon.

Can you try this test (I put it in Program Files (x86)\Edita).
Note this is Phix, apologies if you have problems getting this to run on Eu4 (you may need to create a test directory and bung copies of all the include files needed into it).

include arwen/arwen.ew 
include builtins/ppp.e 
constant filter= 
{"All Files", "*.*", "None files", {}, "bat files (*.bat)", "*.bat", 
 "C files (*.c;*.h;*.cpp)", "*.c;*.h;*.cpp", "Delphi files (*.pas)", 
 "*.pas", 
 "Euphoria files (*.e;*.ex;*.ew;*.exw;*.exwc;*.eu;*.exu;*.exh;*.pro;*.ewx;*.eui)", 
 "*.e;*.ex;*.ew;*.exw;*.exwc;*.eu;*.exu;*.exh;*.pro;*.ewx;*.eui", 
 "FASM files (*.asm;*.inc)", "*.asm;*.inc", 
 "Html files (*.htm;*.html;*.php;*.hhc;*.hhk;*.clr)", 
 "*.htm;*.html;*.php;*.hhc;*.hhk;*.clr", "perl files (*.pl)", "*.pl", 
 "Python files (*.py)", "*.py", "Ruby files (*.rb;*.rbw)", "*.rb;*.rbw", 
 "SQL files (*.sql)", "*.sql"} 
constant path=current_dir() 
constant Main=0 
sequence name 
    name = getOpenFileName(Main,path&"*.*",filter,OFN_HIDEREADONLY) 

pp(name) 
if getc(0) then end if 

The question is whether the returned string ends with .exw or whatever, with & without hidden extensions.

Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu