Edita and Win8

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hallo

I mostly use Edita for editing Euphoria files. To make sure my little programs work also under more modern Operating Systems ,i have a Win8 Release Preview Build 8400 64bit installed.

Now i tried to use Edita (3.5.0) with Win8, the Editor works fine except if i like to open an existing file. It seems that the File OpenDialog in Win8 does not return the full Filename, if the File extension is associateed to a program. Like .exw to euiw.exe. I was able to work around this when i changed an Option for Displaying Filenames in a Folder. Mean i enabled the Option of Displaying the extension of a Filename, if the extension is known by the system and normally would be hidden.

It's a little hard for me to explain as i use a German Windows Version ;)

My tinEWG Filedialog seems to not have this problem, so i think it is in 'arwen' the underlying wrapper for Edita.

Win32lib seems to work with Win8 (only a few tests), but he IDE seems to have some problems, where a precompiled Version (compiled under WinXP and Watcom) seems to work.

If someone knows a little more about Win8 it would be nice to tell me.

BTW all tests are with OpenEuphoria 4.0.4 32 bit (partly with 4.0.5 32 bit and 4.1.0 64bit) the second (64bit) is not really tested.

Thank you Andreas

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu