Re: Windows Mobile

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
PeteS said...

It's for a Motorola industrial smartphone (ES400) running Windows mobile 6.3. We will be requesting a quote from Motorola themselves for providing the required app but since I am sure I could program it myself in Eu if the platform was supported I would have loved to have a go..

Your options are mostly limited to either upgrading to a platform that isn't long obsolete* (such as Android, which could concievably run Eu apps), or write the application in a language supported by Win Mobile. (note, it probably wouldn't be impossible to port Eu to Win Mobile, but such work would have very limited use now)

Another option, that wouldn't apply in this case due to the need for hardware support, would be to code applications as web apps- these would run on any platform.

• I noted something rather curious here; the ES400 was released over half a year after the Windows Mobile platform was discontinued by Microsoft. It was obsolete well /before/ it hit the market.
new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu