Re: [Poll] What editor do you prefer for Euphoria?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
alanjohnoxley said...

With respect to those who are trying to roll thier own, how much is your time worth?

Rolling my own, as you put it, is quite important to me. I have yet to find a code editor that I can call home. I've had some that are close, very close in fact. But none have all of the features I want without the things I don't like.

For instance, I personally insist that Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn be used to switch between open files. But most editors use Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab for this function (some use both, which is nice). But to me, although such a keystroke seems logical (they are "tabs" right?) it feels completely and horribly unnatural: I have to either hold the right Ctrl key while pressing Tab, which is weird because I almost never use the right Ctrl key, or hold the left Ctrl with my pinkie and then hit Tab with my ring finger, which is even more uncomfortable. Using Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn is much better for me, because I can hold Ctrl with my left hand and tap PgUp/PgDn with my right hand.

Sorry for the long-winded example, but that's just just one point of many...

-Greg

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu