Re: How to make a useful bug report

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
eukat said...
mattlewis said...
eukat said...

So it is not personally directed at me when i am called names in posts directed to me? This is confusing also.

No, that's definitely addressed to you. I guess it's inappropriate, but really, I was just playing along with the game that you started and now deny having started when you began using "useless" as your handle.

Matt

I didn't deny using the nick, but there was no game intended. This is how you recognise me, it's appropriate here. I report a bug, it's useless. I contribute code, it's useless. My value here is shot, it's irrecoverable, i recognise that. There's nothing i can do to be useful here, and i have no more of a good reputation to lose here. There's no game, never was.

eukat

I am of the stance that this is only the cause if you deliberately choose to take steps to make it so (e.g. by feigning helplessness when you are not helpless, or being self-destructive or self-sabotaging).

In fact, as I've already stated, your recent actions seem to argue that this is false: http://openeuphoria.org/forum/m/119129.wc

Even more suspect, if you really believed this was true, then why would you be here, actively posting? The only plausible answer is that you'd be here for the entertainment value - which then implies you enjoy this sort of thing, which is not a very far cry from treating the whole exchange as a big, silly game.

Matt said to pay attention and not ignore these things.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu