Re: The Euphoria IDE Project

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
petelomax said...
mattlewis said...

First, I would like to emphasize that if you have used C_INT, C_LONG (or their unsigned counterparts) for a pointer, you're doing it wrong, as these are not portable. Euphoria 4.1 will also run on 64-bit operating systems, so this is important.

Just checking: C_PTR is fine on 64-bit? And 64-bit is what you meant by "portable"?

Yes. C_POINTER and C_LONG change size depending on the architecture and operating system. In general, if you're wrapping some C/C++, try to use exactly what the documentation says it wants. Of course, this is difficult with Microsoft stuff, since they have their own ecosystem of typedefs.

petelomax said...
mattlewis said...

Previous versions of wxEuphoria required that the manipulation of pointers, peeking and poking be done on the euphoria side.

Hmm. Maybe I should start with an old version then. Is there one still available?

There doesn't appear to be a download available any more for any versions previous to the current wrapping method. It's all there in the source control history, though.

petelomax said...
mattlewis said...

I'm not really against this or anything, but personally I have no motivation to do anything Phix related.

Quite right. Phix is asm-based and you're a C++-head so I wouldn't want your help anyway blink

Thanks for letting me off the hook. smile

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu