Re: The Euphoria IDE Project

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...

First, I would like to emphasize that if you have used C_INT, C_LONG (or their unsigned counterparts) for a pointer, you're doing it wrong, as these are not portable. Euphoria 4.1 will also run on 64-bit operating systems, so this is important.

Just checking: C_PTR is fine on 64-bit? And 64-bit is what you meant by "portable"?

mattlewis said...

Previous versions of wxEuphoria required that the manipulation of pointers, peeking and poking be done on the euphoria side.

Hmm. Maybe I should start with an old version then. Is there one still available?

jimcbrown said...

What about a unified library interface? Once that defined C macros that allowed you to switch the build between Phix and OpenEuphoria simply by changing an ifdef or something?

So we'd have a WXEU_POINTER that would be C_POINTER for 4.1 and C_INT for Phix, and a WXEU_DEREF_DS that'd call the right version of deref for 4.1 or Phix...

I thought about that but quickly realised it's a longer-term goal. There would need to be two different builds/names of libwxeu.dll. Get something (anything!) working first.

mattlewis said...

I'm not really against this or anything, but personally I have no motivation to do anything Phix related.

Quite right. Phix is asm-based and you're a C++-head so I wouldn't want your help anyway blink

Regards,
Pete

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu