Re: Keywords and Namesapces

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

I will comment at length tonight, when I have time. In the meantime, i suggest, please get away from the concept of "class" etc.
I job has to be done, and a pyramid of functions is to be built on top of the basic CPU function of move one value from one register to another or do some simple arithmetic with one value in a register to a value pointed to be another register, etc., etc., etc,etc.
The libraries (including wxWidgets build a part of a pyramid on top of these basic functions of CPU functions.

With euphoria you add to this pyramid and so on to the final application on the desktop of some Banking genius who can make billions disappear from the economy.
In that process, one has to consolidate, remove functions, etc. e.g.
Whether you give access via 5 separate functions to change to bold, italic, underline etc, or give one function to say, something like this hypothetical function:-

change-font(agridid,scell,sfontname,iweight,bitalic,bunderline,icolournumber) 
-- a prefix used for atom, s for sequence, i for integer and b for boolean 

This decision has NOTHING to do with developers of wxWidgets, and is entirely in the province of the developers of higher language who would like to use the facility of wxWidgets in THEIR OWN UNIQUE WAY and create their own UNIQUE APPROACH to using these facilites. Every new layer causes loss of speed of final execution (in the Interpreter), which is mostly nullified by creating an executable.

All the change made to reduce the number of functions, were executed using small Euphoria functions and
if ... then

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu