Re: Keywords and Namesapces

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...
mattlewis said...

My understanding of Vinoba's proposal is to add an integer parameter to distinguish the target class.

If you look closely at the docs, the integer parameter being suggested works differently. It is not used to distinguish the target class.

Instead it tends to have a meaning akin to:

enum stuff { BOLD, ITALIC, BOLD_PLUS_ITALIC, UNDERLINE... } 

Totally different.

Ah. That might be reasonable. Like I said, I didn't really understand what he was posting, probably because he was doing this sort of thing, and I was looking for something related polymorphism.

This approach just means more effort spent wrapping. As you said, the vast majority of wxEuphoria C++ code is simply a very thin wrapper (typically a cast and a method call). Most methods are very easy to deal with like this, and it doesn't even take much planning or thought, especially since the euphoria wrappers are generated automatically.

IIRC, the rich text control was a massive class, and I think that I basically copied and pasted a lot of it from header files to speed up the process. I'm not fundamentally against that sort of thing, but I'm not terribly motivated to work on it, either.

I wouldn't mind seeing a patch for that sort of change.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu