Re: Keywords and Namesapces

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Vinoba said...

I made a suggestion which was not properly tried by me. Nobody in Euphoria was willing even to look at it. The answer from Matt way up in this thread confirms what I just said.

I then tried it with help of my "students" and of course, it works. In fact, you and others have not said it would not work.

Even a bit later when I gave a concrete example of 3 and 5 functions in Control.html changed, I was hoping for any enlightened better thought out method from you people. You all were negative about the whole idea of changes.

Yes, I don't like the pattern that you suggested, though I mentioned two superior alternatives, so it's not like I simply said, "No." Also, as Jim said, the main benefit from your proposal seems to come when you use this proprietary IDE. So that's another unfortunate strike against it.

I don't find the prospect of lots of clicking while coding to be productive, either, unless you're coding in something like APL, where there's not really a sane way to type.

There are many things that would work. This doesn't mean that they should be done.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu