Re: IDE for Eu4?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...
jimcbrown said...

Unless, of course, AndyDrummond is using 3.1.1 only and doesn't have 4.0.0 installed. In which case, the latest IDE update will attempt to run euiw.exe and have the CreateProcessHi fail because euiw.exe doesn't exist and exw.exe isn't tried.

A-ha. Yes. Okay. Well, there you have it.

Make sure you are running the proper interpreter for your version of the IDE. I guess... :)

I may be dumb but not quite that dumb. I hope. I installed Eu4 from the latest installer, and am under the impression that the two variants use different methods to point to their includes etc. So I made my shortcut execute the Eu4 version of euiw.exe (should I just use eui.exe?) in the Eu bin folder. Ah - I actually mentioned what I had done. But maybe when the IDE tried to execute a program it was executing the wrong binaries? I don't know. Installing two versions of code to run in parallel is always a source of problems.

Anyway, I have now got the executable IDE - always the best way to go, IMHO - and will try that out. If I get a daft result then I will know it is a problem with paths etc. I really really want to keep Eu3 and its IDE in service because I have about 50 programs I have to play with occasionally. While I want to shift to IDE4 I do need this backward capability. Anyway we will see how it goes.

Thanks for all your efforts, though - much appreciated. Shame we're not all as smart as you guys .......

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu