Re: wxEuphoria (again)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SDPringle said...

I referred to how the size of the 'struct s1' is different in 3.1 compared to 4.0 and so the stuff inside the dll file if compiled with 3.1 headers will not work properly when the dll is transfered to another machine. This is not a problem whe n the user compiles on his own box. I thought this is why you incremented the so number (which indicates a change in ABI). However, the source doesn't seem to do anything to detect what EUPHORIA version the user is using and then load the dll #13 or dll #14 that is for 3.1 or 4.0 respectively [as of 393].

Yes, the newer version will work with 3.1 or 4.0. Basically, any sequences created by the wxEuphoria C code will be sized for 4.0, with a null cleanup pointer. Euphoria 3.1 can use these sequences (and atoms!) just fine. They just have a little extra memory allocated. wxEuphoria doesn't do anything (yet) with the cleanup stuff, so 3.1 users aren't missing out.

Let me know if you're interested in helping out with wxEuphoria. I can add you to the project in SF.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu