Re: wxEuphoria (again)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...
SDPringle said...

I have a patch for you. Remember the EUPHORIA ABI changed as well, so you need to detect which Euphoria is being used by the demo and if the library is really of the same version as the interpreter. I built it, but with the newer wxWidgets it wouldn't build.

Yes, there is an issue with building without threads on Watcom. I haven't taken another look at this for a long time, and the info at the link doesn't give me a lot of confidence that everything is fixed.

What exactly are you referring to as far as the EUPHORIA ABI? The newest version (trunk or the bleeding edge release) should work with 3.1 and 4.0.

I referred to how the size of the 'struct s1' is different in 3.1 compared to 4.0 and so the stuff inside the dll file if compiled with 3.1 headers will not work properly when the dll is transfered to another machine. This is not a problem whe n the user compiles on his own box. I thought this is why you incremented the so number (which indicates a change in ABI). However, the source doesn't seem to do anything to detect what EUPHORIA version the user is using and then load the dll #13 or dll #14 that is for 3.1 or 4.0 respectively [as of 393].

The patch I submitted was just telling users to use wxWidgets.2.8.7 in the readme file.

The bleeding edge certainly works well for me. I have just did a 'svn up' and the demos all work. (Although I haven't recompiled the C sources yet). I am using 4.0 right now and I compiled the wxWidget and the wrapper dll myself.

Shawn Pringle

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu