Re: Euphoria on ARM (and other processors)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
rkdavis said...

my main problem with using the scratchbox crosscompile environment is the need for a running interpreter to build euphoria

The answer is to pre-translate the euphoria source code on an x86 box first, then move the entire source over to the ARM system to finish the compile.

If you are crosscompiling to ARM and the host system is x86, then you shouldn't have any problems just using an x86 binary for the translation steps.

rkdavis said...

(this is all probably going to be an exercise in futility in the end though other than to say it works as the device i'm building for has very little ram (32meg) and only 8meg flash+2gig SD Card although i am hoping to use the practice for other devices with "exotic" cpu's and hopefully more ram and flash)

I don't know what it takes to compile Eu .. but 4.0 should run in that environment, no problems..

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu