Re: Euphoria on ARM (and other processors)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jimcbrown said...

You might have problems with this, at least the Windows port uses a lot of callc in the interpreter and the translator itself. So you might have a problem bootstrapping if callc is not functional. (We had this issue with MSVC, which is why the C-only version of be_callc.c exists.)

my main problem with using the scratchbox crosscompile environment is the need for a running interpreter to build euphoria (i'm working on eu40, well actually i'm working on console-tools and kbd and fonts at the moment but in between i'm fiddiling with eu40). once i resetup buildroot and firmwarelinux i started to get a bit further along in the process although not got a working binary yet. but i'll grab the non-assembler version of the file and see if i get any further (this is all probably going to be an exercise in futility in the end though other than to say it works as the device i'm building for has very little ram (32meg) and only 8meg flash+2gig SD Card although i am hoping to use the practice for other devices with "exotic" cpu's and hopefully more ram and flash)

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu