Re: eDBI problem simplified

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hi

I'm afraid I can't help you any more with eDBI - there may be a simple thing you are doing wrong, or it may be that that the interface has a problem - I have had a look through the code, and what's basically happening is your program is calling the euphoria eDBI include, which is then calling a C library which then calls sqlite - and this is written by someone who programs for a living, so it starts to become hideously complicated for mortals to read (or me at least)!

However, if you want a quick and reliable way to read sqlite databases, then use eusqlite (originally by Ray Smith, maiantained (sort of) by me, and write your own conversion routine to one of the many other database wrappers available. I'm sure that eDBI is going to be great, but it has a level of complexity that at this stage I (personally) just don't need, and also will cater to the 'lowest common denominator' set of functions for all the databases.

eusqlite is here http://eusqlite.wikispaces.com/

Cheers

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu