Re: EuCOM 2.08 + WinXP Pro SP3

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Rad said...

Looks like there is an issue with this .lic file as indicated by code 80040112.
I have the .lic file in the required folder, but still EuCOM comes back with 0 status code.

How does EuCOM handle .lic file?

I've never encountered something like this, but according to this:

MSDN said...

After calling the CoGetClassObject function to get an IClassFactory interface pointer to the class object, call the CreateInstance method of this interface to create a new uninitialized object.

Following the links, it looks like rather than using the normal CoCreateInstance way of creating an instance of a COM object (which is how EuCOM works), you need to call the CoGetClassOjbect function to get the IClassFactory and IClassFactory2 interfaces to create the object using the appropriate license information.

Once you do that, you should use EuCOM's ref_com_object() function to use the control like a normal control. This seems like something that should be somehow included with EuCOM, but I'm not able to write the wrappers since I don't have a licensed ActiveX control.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu