Re: EuCOM 2.08 + WinXP Pro SP3

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
mattlewis said...

EuCOM doesn't use anything special itself. The 80040154 error is COM telling you that it's not registered. The 80040112 error is CLASS_E_NOTLICENSED. So I'd guess that it's looking for some license key in your registry, or possibly some license server. I don't know how it's doing the verification. Maybe reinstalling (however the vendor does it) will fix the licensing issue?

Matt

Hi Matt,

As I will be distributing only ocx file with my application, I hadn't installed the ocx application on my machine, as it won't be on my client's machine.

After installing the ocx application and including its base folder in the PATH, EuCOM started to recognize ocx as registered. (The ocx was registered by the ocx application while installing it in the base folder.)

The difference between the ocx base folder and the folder where I have copied ocx file for my application, is one .lic file with ocx name.

I unregistered the ocx externally, and keeping the path same as ocx base folder with .lic file, tried to register it through my application using EuCOM. But got the same error status 0.

Again, I registered the ocx externally, and this time EuCOM picked up the registration correctly.

I put up the same Q for the ocx developer and got the following answer:
-------------------
It seems like it can't find the .lic file. Normally you need to have the corresponding .lic file present in the same directory as the .ocx in order to use it in a design environment (but not in a runtime environment).

When ocx is installed, the .lic file is in the same directory where the .ocx file is, but if you move it and register it somewhere else, the .lic file must be copied there too.

Microsoft's idea is that it provides a simple license protection for ActiveX controls, because normally the .lic file won't be distributed along with the ocx, as it's not required in a runtime environment. That means users can't just use the copy of the control which is distributed with some other application in their own applications.

Looks like there is an issue with this .lic file as indicated by code 80040112.
I have the .lic file in the required folder, but still EuCOM comes back with 0 status code.

How does EuCOM handle .lic file?

Thanks & Regards,
Rad.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu