Re: Kolibri OS and Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
kinz said...
useless said...

Igor, have you tested the latest Kolibri, DosBox, and other new requirements with Euv4 code?

Hi Kat,
Yes, I have the latest Kolibri (0.7.5.0) and DosBox (0.73, ported to Kolibri) installed on my XP SP3. This my machine has dual boot - Windows XP/Mandriva 2008, and Windows XP here has dual boot too - XP/Kolibri. Kolibri uses the XP partition with Fat32.
But DOS32 of Euv4 is abandoned, so I use my own 3.1.1 with unlimited alphabet or bilingual 2.5. Both work Ok for me.

I thought v4.0 does support dos fully, but v5 will not? Your intro on setting up Kolibri in the archives is wonderful, but i need to use code like v4 like tasks and goto and the new socks code that relies on the new v4 internals.

kinz said...

Use Linux or FreeBSD, DOS32 is not that good to make the file server, and Kolibri is too young for now. Kolibri is not a dos32 like system, it just uses the ported DOSBox to get the dos32 mode and uses Fat32 or NTFS of Windows. And I do not know if there is some file manager for dos32, which works Ok with big HDs. NC and DN both do not give the proper disk size on dos32.

Yes, i am using a knoppix disk to test memory and drives now, and word seems to be to NOT use knoppix to work with, but use Debian. What i find is same with all linux OS, no ideas how to use it. In dos, at least i can type help and get a list of commands i can call to get things done, but on linux all i get is "here is how to install it".

I'd be pleased to get a working dos-like environment that doesn't take an hour of setting up permissions and chmods and hash-bangs and other [stuff]. While multitasking by the OS would be nice, i suspect i can get by with v4's tasks, once i get a grip on what need to be done before the app is launched.

useless

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu