Re: [OT] OS error in file access?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Kat said...

you ticked of one of the channel operators the way you were talking to me last time

What on Earth did I say!?

Kat said...

1) Open one Microsoft Windows brand Explorer to one harddrive. Open another Microsoft Windows brand Explorer to another harddrive. Highlite, drag/drop, select from default Microsoft menu to copy the files. Explorer displays filenames, but doesn't tell what directory that file was in when it decides to stop copying.

Let's see I can translate this ... you are trying to copy the entire contents of one drive to another drive.

You have two Windows Explorer windows open. In one window, you highlight a Drive Letter and then drag that selection to the other window, dropping them onto another Drive. And sometimes, Windows only copies some of the files.

Could it be that we are talking about a very large number of files? If so, maybe you are hitting some limits within Windows.

Have you tried copying smaller chunks?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu