Re: Blat help - again

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ghaberek said...

A quick Google of "blat smtp gmail" seems to indicate that Blat does not support TLS, which GMail requires. People have gotten around this by using a program called Stunnel to create the TLS connection for Blat.

-Greg

Thanks Greg, that may be it. It would be far simpler, from what I can see of Stunnel, to find a basic free smtp server which does not need TLS. I don't suppose you know of one? I'm not sure how I can find out that.... Security is not important, really, I can set my client to reject anything not originating from my program. I'm just trying to get my configuration program to email me when a file is saved. There will only be a very few of these things in use, so not a lot of traffic.

I'm currently using an FTP link to my server, which works fine, but not on all computers. Some just cannot see the ftp - I open a CMD window and try ftp a.b.c.d and it just sees nothing, even though the ping works. Other machines A-OK. So I thought if I could send an email that could be simpler. Ha! Maybe not!

Andy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu