Re: submitting code

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
useless said...
mattlewis said...
useless said...

Just as you are allowed to make improvements in Euphoria every day, i am not allowed to make improvements, every day. So it's not far from my mind that the off-topic harrassment which was against me on euphorum stopped only when i took removed all code for task messaging.

This is only because you refuse to participate. I'm not aware of anyone ever pressuring you to remove any code, and certainly any correlation between anything I wrote and anything you posted or removed from your site was pure coincidence.

So just to use an analogy, if i move next door to you, yell at you every few hours, flatten your car tires every night, have your power shut off constantly, cut your phone lines, slander you to the neighbors, and then you move, it's just pure coincidence that you moved?

Really, that's an analogy? There's a guy on slashdot whose username is BadAnalogyGuy. You'd do him proud. But he usually has car analogies.

useless said...

I removed the code to see if you'd get off my back, as well as those arguing over the use of "que" vs "queue", and you did stop the argueing!

I still find it incredible that the choice to abbreviate the word was far more important to fight about than the working code.

To the best of my knowledge, I've never even been to your site. I really don't care what you decide to do with your site or your code, but if you're interested in getting it into euphoria, then it will be reviewed. And yes, that includes the choice of names.

The ensuing argument came after you dredged up old business, and really wasn't even about the task messaging code...not even the routine names. I'm sorry for responding to your provocations, and I try to ignore your posts, but there are only so many personal attacks that I can ignore before responding.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu