Re: Generating thumbnails of images and videos

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Thanks for the help so far, have a few more requirements. My BBcode is a bit rusty, but ill try and make this a formatted nice list for ya smile

• Is it possible to resize the video snapshots to thumbnail size directly from FFMPEG, or will they need a run through something else to shrink them?
  • How do i generate thumbnails from JPEG images? You have mentioned ImageMagick but its HUGE, a 34 meg dependency is not usable in this case.
  • I also need to get the image size from the original image.
  • How do i display thumbnails in a Win32lib app, preferably from JPEG data contained in a sequence (or memory location)?
  • FFMPEG at 9 megs is no lightweight either, is there anything smaller? Considering the number of codecs supported, it would be acceptable if there is no alternative.

• The app must be standalone, no installers or extra files unless they can be packaged within the single .exe app
  • Also, the app is dealing with somewhat sensitive data, the thumbnails should not need to be written to temp files. Is this doable?

Since i need a prototype of the app ASAP, at least the last two requirements can be ignored if they are not possible in EU in favour of just getting the thing to work. Just means Ill have to develop the final app in VC. I hate VC.
new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu