Re: Help Using Blowfish Library

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
euphoric said...

I'm trying to use Alexander Toresson's blowfish.e library and running into an error. The error occurs in binary.e from Jordah Ferguson, so maybe the blowfish.e lib isn't the culprit. I don't know for sure. That's why I need help.

If anybody has experience with it or wants to do some code sleuthing, let me know. smile

I noticed there is not a standard lib for encryption. Or is there? Should there be?

I have been using it with heavy modifications for encrypting EDB records. The masterpassword to unlock record data is composited from a selection of potentially several thousand complex generated words in a table.

The indices to pull and form these subkeys are owned seperately by the user, the computer and the program, with each user assigning a distinct PIN hash to his indice set to further complicate matters. This required multiple blowfish initializations which bogged down the app every time it stepped through a record. Additionally if a copy of the database did not have the blowfish.dat file in the same folder it would crash.

In blowfish.e I removed all routines that replace the standard Euphoria gets and file functions. I converted blowfish.dat into constants within an include file. So now the initialization function is shortened with P = Pstore S = Sstore

Oh yeah, and use namespaces for the blowfish functions

tmp = fish1:Init_Blowfish({long sequence of math}) 
 tmp = fish2:Init_Blowfish({long sequence of math} & PPIN)   
 a = db_find_key(fish1:Blowfish_Encipher_Sequence(winuser,0)) 
 linekey =  db_record_data(a) 
 transkey  =  fish2:Blowfish_Decipher_Sequence(linekey,0) 
new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu