Re: IDE and eu4

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
SDPringle said...

With my trusty editor I was able to search and replace 'where' with 'what_place' and then 'what_place(' with 'where('. I searched and replaced 'routine' with 'a_routine.' I did this using regular expressions so that I made sure these were whole words. This was enough to allow eui -test to run through without an error. I typed the following no the command line and pressed ENTER four times:

time && eui -test IDE.exw && time 

I had a long bath. When I came back to the computer this is what I saw:

La hora actual es: 17:46:30.93 
Escriba una nueva hora: 
La hora actual es: 18:07:41.54 
Escriba una nueva hora: 

This means it took twenty minutes for eui to check the file and it never even started running IDE.exw. This is on a Pentium IV. So, I stearted it again without the test switch and I started preparing supper. After I had finished supper, I had the IDE up and running. It doesn't run slowly. When I try to run the project it says CreateProcessHi failed.

Shwan Pringle

Hi

I believe that the reason IDE is taking so long to fire up is because of the two ways (from a simplistic point of view) that eu now includes sub-files.

The quick way - each sub included file now explicitly includes the files it needs.

The slow way - each sub included file doesn't include the files it needs so for each symbol the interpreter searches the entire program tree.

(I know this is a simplistic view, but it does explain the slowness of some programs start up)

If win32lib and ide have not been updated with these explicit includes, then the startup is significantly slower. I do not think they have yet been updated (correct me if I'm wrong). Incidentally, this also affects any programs created with win32lib. I hope they will be much faster once they are. Until then I will continue to use the pre compile IDE available in the archives.

Chris

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu