Re: New switch/case idea

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
kinz said...

Yes, we have such a word, literal translation sounds as "delay".

The English word "delay" is not the same as "do" or "perform", in fact it is almost the opposite. "delay" is used to mean "don't perform the action for now".

kinz said...

But, first, all Russian computer science tell us about cycles for these constructs

That's nice but so what? The word "do" does not imply a looping or cyclic action. It is used as a marker to begin the block of code that is being control by the previous statement. If that previous statement is a looping construct then "do" marks the begining of a loop, if the previous statement is not a looping construct, the "do" marks the begining of a non-looping block. Actually to be very consistent we should be using the syntax ...

if condition do 
  block 
end if 
kinz said...

second, do you think I do not speak Russian?

Of course not. I do however know that I don't speak your language and I believe that English is not your primary language. So therefore, I was confirming if there was a SINGLE Russian word that means the same as the English phrase "perform an action", because that is closer to the meaning we are using "do" for than "cycle". In fact, "cycle" here in English could be a bit confusing.

In the end, I was just trying to see if there might be an alternate Russian word that you can use for all these constructs rather than the Russian that means "cycle".

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu