Re: New switch/case idea

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
bernie said...

When was colon removed ? Does that mean I have to back into my code and remove the colons ?

It has not yet been removed, but during the final stages before beta we are doing serious thinking on keeping with Euphorian type syntax. The : shouldn't have been added, we feel, in the first place. There are discussions here on EUforum about it also.

Yes, unfortuantly it means you need to change :'s to then's. We all do, especially in Euphoria itself, we have become quite custom to using switch X do... But, one part about using alpha software is that the spec will change, not maybe, but will. We are sorry for making you do that change, but sometimes things just are not found until after a bit of use and exposure, hence the alpha stages.

bernie said...

My suggestion was simple and much easier to code and all it takes is 1 extra colon and no other keywords.

I think that things are being made too complicated with all the extra words.

It's not complex at all. It sticks with Euphoria syntax and it's clear. When quickly scanning code, it'll be hard to pickup an extra colon, or the fact that an extra colon is missing when debugging. I do not think that : vs :: is very Euphoric either. I think : vs :: is a ton of bugs begging to happen.

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu