Re: DBI for Euphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
jeremy said...

Being mainly a database programmer by trade, a DBI is important to me for some apps. Other apps I want all the raw power of a database server exposed to me. I have been thinking of a DBI for a while and this is what I came up with. Please comment if you would like to see it designed differently. This will not be a core product, but something developed and distributed separately by me, not core Euphoria (it may change, who knows).

Any thoughts or comments?

This sort of thing would be great. The tough part is to avoid getting trapped by the lowest common denominator, while still having a rich and powerful interface.

I'd certainly be interested in using this for wxEDB. It currently uses ODBC for non-EDS databases. Basically, you can view data and execute queries. One potential downside to your proposed DBI would be the requirement to distribute multiple binaries.

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu