Re: Lying?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Critic said...

No, I did not think of you. And you all know what I think about some parts of the documentation. But how would you call this?

matt said...

But then, I often wish for Euphoria features when coding in those other languages.

Critic said...

I am interested. Could you please give an example?

matt said...

Sometimes it relates to static typing, or simply the ease of dealing with sequences.

Note that I doubted EU's static typing and never got any answer.

I think I wasn't clear. I was saying that the static typing of, e.g., Java can be very handy in catching errors, and wish that I had some of those features in euphoria. I should have elaborated.

Critic said...

But when I looked at the "feature requests" on sourceforge I found this:

matt said...

Compile-Time Type Checking
The parser should report an error at compile time if a type check error is detected. For example, two errors that could be detected at compile time:

procedure foo( sequence s ) atom bar = s end procedure foo(1)

So Matt is aware EU does not do static type checking, yet he mentions it as a feature he likes?!

If this was not a lie, I seriously apologize.

This is a miscommunication. I wasn't clear enough obviously, but I guess that's a good reason to accuse me of lying. Or, I suppose that if you were aware of this, you could have figured it out yourself. It probably should have been obvious when you read the two statements (and obviously tried to put 2 and 2 together).

Matt

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu