Re: Question about wxEuphoria

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Today I had some time to run the demos of wxEuphoria with Eu 4.0 rev 1378. I used wxeud.e of wxIDE. Some errors of the demos were caused by some missing files which I found in the demo folder of version 12.0 of wxEuphoria and in win32lib: tbar_xpm.e, xpm_icon.e and xrc_demo.xrc. In list.exw I think there is a logic error in procedure Click_Button1: index should be of type object and the line:

if index = -1 then
should be changed to:
if equal(index, {}) then.

Apart from these minor exception the demos of wxEuphoria run very fine on my machine. And so does wxIDE which shows a lot of potential.

Nevertheless it would be nice if libwxeu.dll could be updated. The cause for the few link failures can be solved by updating exports.lbc like Matt noticed. The demos are not affected, but wxIDE is. (set_pen and set_brush in wxIDE_Syntax.ew will not work.)

Dan: I answered to a message of the subject list. As this powerful discussion forum offers the option to change to thread view while reading the message and vice versa to message view I am not quite sure what I should have broken. In particular as this was not a long thread.

Anyway my intention was to see how Eu 4.0 (now rev 1378) works with wxEuphoria 12.1. Both work very fine so far with my OS (Windows Vista). The only minor problem I see is using global with Eu 4.0 in bigger sized applications.

Roland

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu