my first impressions of EUPH4 beta2

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Actually I have 2 comments, and both are so obvious that I guess that they've been metioned before by someone else
1-Almost all of the text files in Euphoria 4 beta2 are not shown correctly with Windows Notepad (win XP), typical case when you try to read a linux text file in Windows (bytes 10/13 stuff), but since this is the Windows-Dos version I would expect to see text files formatted correctly, and with text files I mean all source code (.ex, .e, .c, .h), and not only .txt files in all folders
2-in the docs folder there should be a doc.ex program, but I didn't find it
3-ok, 3 comments, not 2, I've been euphoring since about 4 years, I started with EUPH-2.4 And I want to continue using EUPH as the only existig programming language in the universe, My first intention is to continue using EUPH-3.11, but I'll give a try to EUPH-4, all the new features seem to be really cool, there's just 2 things I'm a little concerned about, unicode and locales, I do mainly DOS (and just a little Windows and Linux) programming, just like many many other EUPH users, and unicode and locales are completely useless in DOS, I guess they are not only important but necessary for Windows and Linux, but for DOS ??? So I just want to make sure that I understand correctly and Unicode and Locales are non-DOS features.
More comments and feedback very soon...

new topic     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu