Re: A Few Questions from a Guy That's Been Out of the Loop

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Hello Murphy ...

murphy said...

Travis:

In my opinion, the benefits in 4.0 outweigh the slight chance of bugs. I've been using it for quite a while now, and have not had any problems except with the switch statement, and that was fixed recently.

By benefits, I mean that 4.0 has some features which make development easier, code clearer, and there's less reinventing of the wheel involved.

Not to mention the fact that until someone tries building large apps with 4.0, whatever bugs remain will stay hidden.

You are no doubt right. I was just thinking in terms of how to make the project (a library) usable for the greatest number of people in the community. If Jeremy's forecast of three months is correct, I might as well target version 4, since it will be longer than three months before I'm ready to make a release.

I'm going to start reading the docs for 4.0 presented here on the site this evening. As far as "Equity" being a large library, really I don't foresee it being any larger than say euGTK or win32lib, but it may be big enough to run 4.0 through its paces a time or two. The hold-up at the moment is the time I need to devote to my ... ahem ... "real" job, and family concerns.

- Travis.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu