Re: Win32Lib bug, or just me?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
CChris said...
Aiereis said...

Using Win32Lib 0.70.4a.

I want to override the default style flags for a listview control. With other controls, say a plain list, I can do this by passing a sequence rather than an atom for the style flags. With a listview, doing this crashes, with an error because procedure handleLV() expects an atom rather than a sequence for its flags. In createEx(), I found this at line 13660 (according to EditA):

elsif lControl = ListView then

handleLV(id,or_bits(classStyle[lControl],styleFlags),lvcol)

end if

I'm thinking the variable "styleFlags" shouldn't be passed, but rather "flags", which is an atom that createEx() earlier makes by ORing together the atoms in the sequence of style flags. Am I right about this, or am I doing something wrong? Is there some other way to override the default style flags for a listview? If I pass an atom, Win32Lib just adds it to the defaults.

Thanks!

I'll check this tonight. However, setLVStyle() is the preferred way to set ListView styles after the call to createEx().

I'll reply tomorrow to confirm whether the change you suggest, or similar, is something to do. In tht case, it will go in my working copy, and thus in the next release, whenever it takes place.

CChris

Thanks CChris (and Mike777). As I said, I don't know if it's a bug or not; I just thought it was strange that I could pass a sequence of flags for most controls but not for listview (and I didn't see anything about this in the documentation). I haven't tried Mike777's suggestion yet, but setLVStyle() won't, as far as I can see, let me do what I want, which is to have the WS_BORDER style not be set on the listviewwin32lib sets this by default. I'll try and see if the IDE has a way of doing this. Thanks again.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu