Re: Next wxEuphoria release?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
JerryStory said...

I hope some day wxEuphoria is put in .deb form or somesuch thing. I tried to use Debian Package Maker to make a .deb of wxEuphoria but I don't know how to do that right.

One thing that would be nice is to have some people willing to work on releases. What I mean by that is RPM, Deb, FreeBSD based Port files, GenToo builds, RedHat, Fedora, etc... all those are different. It would be nice if we had some people willing to package different interesting euphoria libraries and software for those distributions. Euphoria 4.0 itself. This would help raise awareness of Euphoria greatly. For one author of a package to be able to create a .deb, .rpm, GenToo, ArchLinux, OSX, etc... is a daunting almost impossible task. But if we had a group of people who could specialize in one area, i.e. just .debs and know how to get a package through the process of being officially added to debian, etc... You can see how they could do it much quicker.

In the end, this will be all good for Euphoria. More users = more developers. More developers = more libraries and better Euphoria core, etc...

Jeremy

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu