Re: An illuminating experiment using platform().

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jeremy Cowgar said...

Who would use IL code? Not end users, only developers. Now, would developers really use IL code? I would want source. I wouldn't use IL code and I suspect that will be the opinion of most, but don't want to speak solely for them, so speak up if you disagree.

snip

Jeremy

Some developers will release IL code. They will think of it as shrouding. Mind you, it is rather pointless.

Ask Liquid Nitrogen what I did to his bound copy of Lemon Heads. This was before shrouding was possible. Back then, the euphoria code ended up with all functions and variables renamed to meaningless names. Comments were stripped and all includes became part of the code. All the pretty indentions and whitespace was also removed. This ugly representation of the original code was then appended to the end of the interpreter.

I discovered where the values of health and so forth where and created an invincible character that was no longer limited to 3 shots on screen at a time along with automated firing. And I did all this before the debinding or whatever it was called was created and released.

My point. If you use IL to hide your code, and someone really wants that code. They will get it pretty easily. Shrouding made it not worth my while to get the code. However, I'm not a full force cracker with leet abilities.

Unkmar 
PS: Preview is your friend.

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu