Re: Forum: cancel/edit one&#039s own post?

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jeremy Cowgar said...
Dan M. said...
Dan M. said...

Jeremy,
I wonder if you could make it so the author of a post could "revisit" any of their already posted messages, for deleting or adding or editing?

Maybe just allow edit if only 1 view recorded (author's)?

I think we should allow it for the first 30 minutes and see if we have a problem. I doubt we will. I can also look at other forums and see how they handle the problem.

Jeremy

What about just keeping revisions in case anyone is interested in what was originally written? That negates the first concern of editing for nefarious purposes, and allows any doubt to be removed if a dispute or misunderstanding does arise from an edit. It's good enough for wiki style... at least the 'first seen' version can be corrected for typos etc.

Besides, if you don't correct something within a few hours these days it'll be preserved anyway by Google cache, Archive.org or whoeverelse is doing that sort of thing these days.

Gary

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu