Re: Euphoria web server

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Andy Drummond said...

Does anyone have any suggestions (polite, practical preferably) about how to get a basic webserver going? Our network here is just a simple peer-to-peer thing with specified IP addresses - 192.168.0.nn style. I imagine once it works there it will be able to work over the internet if I use a host name or whatever it's called. It always seems that the basic networking system is horrendously complicated but should be standard for most requirements. The webserver - by L.Bryant? - is nice in that it writes parameters into a file called input.txt, runs the cgi app, then picks up the reply from output.txt. This suits me to the ground. But I can't even get it off the ground, and I need help. So please....

Andy, I have not used the package you are speaking of, but it sounds like your web server is binding to the 127.0.0.1 address, thus will only take local requests when accessed as 127.0.0.1. You may need to look at the code and tell the webserver to bind either to all available IP addresses on your machine (may/may not be safe) or bind to a specific IP address, such as 192.168.0.xyz.

You must be careful about server software running on your computer, as I am sure you know. It may open a door to unwanted guests.

Jeremy Cowgar

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu