Re: archives

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
Jeremy Cowgar said...

Is RDS missing files from the Archive? I think they are restored, just the script is not online yet due to a pending code audit by Rob?

Jeremy Cowgar

When i noticed they were restored, i stopped with the upload, days ago. But it's been discussed (years) before, and i have done this before, to de-zip the contributions so the contributions could be searched for Euphoria keywords or OS api keywords, or whatever, instead of just the brief application description. So that's what i am doing. I could never upload a gigabyte now, and somehow i doubt any code i write will be running on anyone else's computer, so i wasn't even considering donating it, unless asked for it, and being hurt when it isn't used. But with hosting packages routinely offering gigabyte storage, and the possibility to send up only the index, with further cleaning of garbage from it, i still don't see why we can't search the RDS archives (or openeuphoria.org archives) in this way. You can see how Al Getz uses allocate(), or see who has used poke4(), or look up the proper use of some wierd Microsoft or *nix api call.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu