Re: archives

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message
ZNorQ said...
Kat said...

I decompressed all the files in the archives. The stats are:

decompressed files are 925megabytes total,

24,192 files,

in 2,689 contributions.

Kat

Holy s*beep*..! Will you be uploading that?

Kenneth / ZNorQ

I don't have the bandwidth now. And the zip files combined in a 7z'd file is only 282 megabytes, even un-7z'd it's 335megabytes of RDS site content plus the zipped user contribs. It's when everything is uncompressed that there's a size explosion to nearly a gigabyte, and even that isn't a huge database.

But i am indexing *some* of the files. There's some files that contain tons of non-program text (there's *.ew files that contain txt fiction, 8 contained large wordlists, there's several dictionaries, etc), some contain bitmaps (shoot-em-up games, mostly), etc, so i had to cut out some petabytes of non-Euphoria-related content, and likely missed something.

It's not even done indexing, and already being able to search for certain words has been much handier than merely searching the application description like the RDS archive/contribution pages do.

Kat

new topic     » goto parent     » topic index » view thread      » older message » newer message

Search

Quick Links

User menu

Not signed in.

Misc Menu